Sunday was Lucas’ 24th birthday, but we celebrated all weekend with a surprise party, dinner, movie, presents, sleeping in, etc because… why not?!
For the curious, here are my top 24 favorite things about Lucas…
1. His genuine love for everyone.
2. His eagerness to learn.
3. That he inspires me, and everyone who knows him, to be a better person.
4. His love for smoothies.
5. That in elementary school he carried around a dictionary.
6. His shoulders. Weird? Nope. He has sexy shoulders.
7. His addiction to the show Suits. (we’re both addicted)
8. That he accepts people for who they are.
9. That he always finishes my slushies even when he tells me not to buy them. (it takes 2 sips for me to remember that I don’t like them every time)
10. His ability to focus. (I have a love hate relationship with this quality)
11. The patience he exercises with me. (and everyone else)
12. His optimistic view of humanity.
13. That he was my first kiss and will be my last.
14. His love and respect for mother nature.
15. His levelheaded perspective.
16. His loyalty, in every aspect of life.
17. That he would slip cute notes into my locker in high school.
18. His obsession with shoes. (someday he may have more than me, he is well on his way)
19. That he went to all of my pageants even though he thought they were silly.
20. His incredible public speaking/teaching skills.
21. That he nicely tells me when I’m being irrational, and still loves me even when I am irrational.
22. His obsession with bread.
23. His dedication to making the world a better place. In so many ways he already has.
24. His love, appreciation and respect for his parents.
I can keep this list going far past 24 but I’ll stop here for now. Sorry to be cheesy, but Lucas is just wonderful. I’ve never quite understood how people could continue to fall in love yet somehow I love him more every day.
Also, birthdays are a great time to publish baby pictures of people. I recently found some gems of Lucas at the Brook house. These two are some of my favorites.